I’m always looking for more information to help teachers understand the best ways to use the iPad, so I was pretty excited to discover that Sophia.org has a free webinar available called Get iPad Prepared.
I just completed all four segments, and must say that I was surprised by how much great content the webinar contains. It is the most valuable iPad training I have seen to date. Here are seven reasons that it’s definitely worth your time to sign up.
- It includes great documents for tracking student progress and setting goals, all available for free.
- It demonstrates a clearly defined Integration Cycle for integrating the iPad into the classroom. I love that this is focused on THOUGHTFUL implementation!
- The presenter, Angie Kalthoff, is highly organized and clearly shows how she organizes information for her students before the iPad is even in their hands.
- It includes lots of great links to other resources.
- She uses an iPad rubric. In this previous post, I discussed the one question you should ask yourself before implementing use of the iPad. Kalthoff’s approach uses an iPad rubric to determine if the app is appropriate for her student.
- It demonstrates multiple apps that can help with managing information AND managing behavior in the classroom.
- You can complete all segments in less than one hour.