Do you want me to review your game or app? Here are a few guidelines:
- I do receive free games and apps from companies for the purposes of review. However, this site is not a traditional review site. The idea is for this to be a resource for parents and educators seeking materials that may be motivating for their learners with autism or other developmental delays. This means that I’m unable to use a game or app with my students with autism, then I do not write content about that game or app. Therefore, it’s possible you will provide a free product that I do not write a post about.
- Turnaround from receipt of product to posting a review is typically about 6-8 weeks. I play the game or app with a variety of students. I am dedicated to making sure each review is well-rounded and covers many potential skills and modifications.
- I will notify you when the review is posted. I also publicize the post through Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. If I am not able to utilize your product with my students, I will contact you to let you know why. I always make myself available if you want to have a conversation about how to make your games more accessible for learners with special needs.
- While on occasion I will review games and apps specifically designed for learners with special needs, my primary focus is on providing access to mainstream materials. The ultimate goal is to create opportunities for our learners to interact with their peers and siblings with materials that are readily accessible and motivating for a broad range of kids.
- I am also a huge proponent of independent game makers/inventors. I back several kickstarter projects each year, and am always curious to see what people are creating. If you are a game or app inventor and would like me to try out prototypes with my students, please feel free to contact me! Also, there is a Kickstarter spotlight in each month’s subscriber newsletter to help get the word out about one game I’m super-excited about.
- If you’d like me to review your game or app, just contact me here.