My philosophy in providing workshops is that I am guiding a conversation so that all participants leave with tools and resources they can immediately apply with their own learners.
If you are interested in a workshop that is not listed here, feel free to contact me. I may be able to format a workshop for you, and if I’m not I will be able to provide a referral for a professional who is skilled in your area of need.
Promoting Language and Learning Through Play & Games
- Learn strategies for modifying games to meet the needs of their learner.
- Promote social skills through games.
- Receive information about toys and games that are highly motivating for learners with ASD.
- Increase student success with games.
Utilizing iPads to Teach Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders & Other Developmental Delays
- Discover apps for skill areas such as receptive language, expressive language, visual performance, fine motor skills, and more.
- Receive a sample program for teaching students to interactive appropriately with the iPad.
- Understand how to use the built-in accessibility features on the iPad.
EdTech in Special Education
- Analyze special considerations for using technology with learners with special needs.
- Learn about resources for using video games, iPads, and computer programs to teach and maintain skills.
- Discuss creating age-appropriate goals for technology use.
- Understand how to develop potential job skills through the use of technology.
Using the VB-MAPP to Assess Your Student and Create Appropriate Programs
- Understand how to use the five different parts of the VB-MAPP.
- Create programs that are developmentally appropriate.
- Learn about creating balanced programming, correctly introducing intraverbal skills, and using assessment to write IEP goals.
Engaging Your Child Through Play & Games
- Learn strategies for modifying toys and games to engage with your child.
- Gain insight into how to involve siblings and other family members in play.
- Understand how to easily measure your child’s ability and set realistic goals.
Managing Difficult Behaviors
- Determine the possible causes of difficult behaviors.
- Understand how to plan interventions that set you up for success.
- Discuss a behavior you’re struggling with and leave the workshop with a plan for intervention.